Unlock the potential of African entrepreneurs for accelerating Africa’s industrial transformation, says the African Economic Outlook 2017
May 22, 2017
The African Economic Outlook is produced annually by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Development Centre of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The first Africa Data Revolution Report focuses on mapping the data ecosystem in Africa
May 15, 2017
This first edition of the biennial Africa Data Revolution Report aims to address issues on the process of transforming data ecosystems, from the status quo to an aspirational state where data from both conventional and new sources are being harnessed to better inform decision-making and enable sustainable development with contributions from diverse data communities. The report is envisioned to assist countries on the continent in charting their way towards strengthened national data ecosystems by identifying common problems, sharing home-grown examples and lessons learned and coming up with actionable recommendations applicable in the regional, national and local contexts. Further, it reviews the current state of data ecosystems in Africa in terms of the diversity of data actors and their capacity needs, legislative and policy frameworks, technological infrastructure, tools and platforms, and the dynamic interactions between them.
- Statement by Abdoulaye Mar Dieye at the Government of Gambia Retreat on Building Capacities for Collective Leadership May 5, 2017
- UNDP and GSMA partner on mobile technology for global development goals Apr 27, 2017
- World Malaria Day 2017: millions of bednets reach remote and high-risk areas of Chad as rainy season looms Apr 25, 2017
- Statement by Abdoulaye Mar Dieye at UNDP Farewell Reception for Helen Clark Apr 18, 2017
- Voices from Africa - April 2017 Apr 12, 2017
More than two million Liberians register to vote, almost half are women
Apr 12, 2017
Approximately 2.1 million Liberians have registered to vote in the upcoming October 2017 presidential and legislative elections, according to provisional results. Almost half of those registered are women. Voter registration was conducted between 1 February and 14 March 2017. Incumbent President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has reached the two-term limit for presidential office, which means a new president will be elected, as well as members of the House of Representatives by the end of 2017.
- Keynote Speech on Accelerating Structural Transformation and Human Progress in Africa by Ms. Ruby Sandhu-Rojon during the TICAD VI Follow-Up Event Apr 10, 2017
UNDP Goodwill Ambassador Crown Prince Haakon of Norway lauds Liberia’s Ebola survivors and Response Workers
Apr 4, 2017
The Crown Prince is an advocate for UNDP’s efforts to assist Member States achieve Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 1- to end poverty in all its forms everywhere. His visit to Liberia is an opportunity to see first-hand the country’s progress in Ebola recovery, in consolidating peace, and plans for taking forward the SDGs.