Today more than one million mosquito nets will be distributed in Guinea-Bissau
May 31, 2017
The Ministry of Public Health, together with the Global Fund, UNDP as Principal Recipient, other UN agencies (WHO and UNICEF) and other partners, is launching the national Campaign for the distribution of Long-Lasting Insecticide-treated nets (LLINs) to protect more than 2 million children and adults from malaria, the leading cause of disease and death in the country.
- Tegegnework Gettu: Statement to the Annual Session of the UNDP Executive Board May 30, 2017
- Statement by Abdoulaye Mar Dieye at A New York Roundtable Event: PVE and the International Development Agenda: Putting Theory Into Practice May 26, 2017
Unlock the potential of African entrepreneurs for accelerating Africa’s industrial transformation, says the African Economic Outlook 2017
May 22, 2017
The African Economic Outlook is produced annually by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Development Centre of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Innovation for development in Uganda
May 16, 2017
Photo Story about how refugees and host communities can turn challenges into opportunities
The first Africa Data Revolution Report focuses on mapping the data ecosystem in Africa
May 15, 2017
This first edition of the biennial Africa Data Revolution Report aims to address issues on the process of transforming data ecosystems, from the status quo to an aspirational state where data from both conventional and new sources are being harnessed to better inform decision-making and enable sustainable development with contributions from diverse data communities. The report is envisioned to assist countries on the continent in charting their way towards strengthened national data ecosystems by identifying common problems, sharing home-grown examples and lessons learned and coming up with actionable recommendations applicable in the regional, national and local contexts. Further, it reviews the current state of data ecosystems in Africa in terms of the diversity of data actors and their capacity needs, legislative and policy frameworks, technological infrastructure, tools and platforms, and the dynamic interactions between them.
- Statement by Abdoulaye Mar Dieye at the Government of Gambia Retreat on Building Capacities for Collective Leadership May 5, 2017
- UNDP and GSMA partner on mobile technology for global development goals Apr 27, 2017
- World Malaria Day 2017: millions of bednets reach remote and high-risk areas of Chad as rainy season looms Apr 25, 2017
- Statement by Abdoulaye Mar Dieye at UNDP Farewell Reception for Helen Clark Apr 18, 2017