Voices from Africa - August 2016
1. Gender gap costs subSaharan Africa $US95 billion a year, says newly launched UNDP Africa Human Development Report 2016
2. Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) held in Nairobi
3. Helping African countries access Climate Finance
4. Before U.S. Senate Committee, UNDP Africa Chief Abdoulaye Mar Dieye stressed need for coordination in response to violent extremism
5. East and Horn of Africa countries working on strategy to address violent extremism through a development lens
6. Maendeleo Policy Forums
Ghana hosts Maendeleo Policy Forum on African elections
Exploring the Nexus between Humanitarian and Development Interventions
7. European Union and UNDP discuss challenges and priorities for regional action in Central Africa
8. UN development plan to boost recovery in Africa’s Great Lakes region
9. Making the SDGs and Agenda 2063 a reality
10. African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States and UNDP Africa strategic dialogue on joint work
11. UN SecretaryGeneral Ban Kimoon launches firstever SDGs report
12. The SDGs are coming to life
Our blog series
1. Global Climate Finance - Will Africa Benefit After Paris?
2. El Nino happens every 37 years. How can Africa be better prepared?
3. Around 80% of Central African Republic’s diamonds are gem quality and artisanal, how to boost its potential?
4. What does it take to meet Africa’s trade integration target?
5. Made out of Africa