Countries set to agree on decisive and urgent actions to restore marine world to health as Ocean Conference concludes
Jun 12, 2017
Recognizing that the wellbeing of present and future generations is inextricably linked to the health and productivity of the ocean, countries collectively agreed in the Call to Action “to act decisively and urgently, convinced that our collective action will make a meaningful difference to our people, to our planet and to our prosperity.”
US$12 million in loans to support thousands of small businesses quarrying ‘Development Minerals’ in Africa
Jun 8, 2017
Loans for small businesses that quarry, manufacture and trade gravel, clay, granite, gypsum and other local materials critical for development in five African countries.
Surge in voluntary commitments for ocean action as Conference to halt ocean degradation set to open
Jun 5, 2017
More than 600 commitments received; countries agree to Call for Action A surge in the number of voluntary commitments to take action to improve the health of the ocean by countries, businesses and civil society groups has been recorded, and more are expected as the Ocean Conference gets underway Monday, 5 June at United Nations Headquarter in New York.
Unlock the potential of African entrepreneurs for accelerating Africa’s industrial transformation, says the African Economic Outlook 2017
May 22, 2017
The African Economic Outlook is produced annually by the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Development Centre of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- UNDP and GSMA partner on mobile technology for global development goals Apr 27, 2017
- World Malaria Day 2017: millions of bednets reach remote and high-risk areas of Chad as rainy season looms Apr 25, 2017
UNDP Goodwill Ambassador Crown Prince Haakon of Norway lauds Liberia’s Ebola survivors and Response Workers
Apr 4, 2017
The Crown Prince is an advocate for UNDP’s efforts to assist Member States achieve Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 1- to end poverty in all its forms everywhere. His visit to Liberia is an opportunity to see first-hand the country’s progress in Ebola recovery, in consolidating peace, and plans for taking forward the SDGs.
- ICEA 2017 ends with call to build on dynamic of emergence and institutionalize its platform for exchanging knowledge Apr 3, 2017
- Helen Clark calls on African countries to mobilize for the effective implementation of their plans for emergence Mar 29, 2017
- World’s most marginalized still left behind by global development priorities: UNDP report Mar 21, 2017