UN humanitarian and development chiefs join forces to support crisis-affected people in North-East Nigeria
Oct 6, 2018
Achim Steiner and Mark Lowcock today called on national and international partners to reinforce joint efforts to address the dire humanitarian needs in the conflict-affected north-eastern Nigerian states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, while at the same time speed up the recovery of livelihoods.
- Eni and UNDP Join Forces to Promote Sustainable Energy and SDGs in Africa Sep 23, 2018
Global gathering of artisanal and small-scale miners charts vision for sustainable development
Sep 11, 2018
Artisanal and small-scale mining is an important livelihood activity for millions of people in the developing world. However, major environmental, social and labour challenges have hindered its potential to fully contribute to sustainable development
- Ahunna Eziakonwa Takes the Helm of UNDP’s Africa Portfolio Aug 15, 2018
- Pathway to Paris concert event set for San Francisco Jul 12, 2018
- Ahunna Eziakonwa of Nigeria Is Appointed UNDP Assistant Administrator and Regional Director for Africa Jun 6, 2018
African Union, Sweden and UNDP partner to speed up action on continent’s legal agreements to boost development
May 11, 2018
The 3-year regional initiative will focus on increasing technical expertise to help countries speed up ratification and domestication, and foster greater knowledge and awareness, of continental agreements to accelerate development.
- “Free, Fair, Credible” Election: Critical Milestone towards Economic Recovery Mar 18, 2018
In Botswana, stakeholders say “poverty eradication is an attainable goal”
Mar 14, 2018
A two-day event in Gaborone brought together more than 400 participants from a select group of countries successful in reducing extreme poverty, exclusion and inequality.
Senegal to host African regional talks on disaster recovery
Mar 14, 2018
At least 70 senior officials and dozens of experts, representing nearly 30 countries, to convene in Dakar for a five-day workshop and training focused on disaster recovery in Africa.