UNDP and partners host Africa talks on climate targets
Sep 5, 2016
Hosted by the Government of Tunisia, the Regional Dialogue on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Africa runs from 5-7 September in Tunis. The dialogue is an opportunity for African countries to address key commitments to the Paris Agreement ahead of the next climate conference, COP22, set for Marrakech in November.
Gender gap costs sub-Sahara Africa $US95 billion a year: New UNDP report
Aug 28, 2016
Gender inequality is costing sub-Saharan Africa on average $US95 billion a year, peaking at US$105 billion in 2014– or six percent of the region’s GDP – jeopardising the continent’s efforts for inclusive human development and economic growth, according to the Africa Human Development Report 2016: Advancing Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Africa, published today by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Investment in youth and women critical to Africa’s development, says UN Development Chief
Aug 27, 2016
Helen Clark made her remarks during the opening of the sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD), a conference held regularly to promote high-level policy dialogue between Japan, African leaders, and development partners.
- Africa Carbon Forum Urges Cooperation and Participation in Response to Climate Change Jun 30, 2016
- Backed by Stars, Unprecedented UN Campaign Seeks to Mobilize Millions to End Illegal Trade in Wildlife May 25, 2016
- Appearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, UNDP Africa Chief Abdoulaye Mar Dieye stresses the need for coordinated partnerships in response to violent extremism May 10, 2016
- Guinea-Bissau and the United Nations Sign new Partnership Framework Agreement May 4, 2016
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark to Visit Kenya to Promote Wildlife Conservation Apr 27, 2016
- EU and UNDP discuss challenges and priorities for regional action in Central Africa Apr 21, 2016
- Disaster risk knowledge programme kicks off in southern Africa Apr 15, 2016