Development actors must work together to maximise aid impact, says UNDP Administrator Helen Clark
Nov 30, 2016
Governments, bilateral and multilateral organisations, civil society and the private sector must continue to work together to maximise the impact of development aid, said the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator and Chair of the UN Development Group Helen Clark.
UNDP Administrator Helen Clark at HLM2 in Nairobi
Nov 28, 2016
UNDP Administrator and Chair of the UN Development Group Helen Clark will visit Nairobi, Kenya to participate in the Second High-Level Meeting (HLM2) of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation to take place 28 November–1 December 2016.
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark to visit Equatorial Guinea Oct 31, 2016
- Sustainable development in cities is critical to achieving most of the 2030 Agenda Oct 17, 2016
- Signaling a willingness to speed up recovery, Guinea announces launch of National Ebola Trust Fund Sep 23, 2016
UNDP and partners host Africa talks on climate targets
Sep 5, 2016
Hosted by the Government of Tunisia, the Regional Dialogue on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Africa runs from 5-7 September in Tunis. The dialogue is an opportunity for African countries to address key commitments to the Paris Agreement ahead of the next climate conference, COP22, set for Marrakech in November.
Gender gap costs sub-Sahara Africa $US95 billion a year: New UNDP report
Aug 28, 2016
Gender inequality is costing sub-Saharan Africa on average $US95 billion a year, peaking at US$105 billion in 2014– or six percent of the region’s GDP – jeopardising the continent’s efforts for inclusive human development and economic growth, according to the Africa Human Development Report 2016: Advancing Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Africa, published today by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Investment in youth and women critical to Africa’s development, says UN Development Chief
Aug 27, 2016
Helen Clark made her remarks during the opening of the sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD), a conference held regularly to promote high-level policy dialogue between Japan, African leaders, and development partners.
- Africa Carbon Forum Urges Cooperation and Participation in Response to Climate Change Jun 30, 2016
- Backed by Stars, Unprecedented UN Campaign Seeks to Mobilize Millions to End Illegal Trade in Wildlife May 25, 2016