- Disaster risk knowledge programme kicks off in southern Africa Apr 15, 2016
- EU and UNDP renew partnership on electoral assistance Apr 15, 2016
- Fly me to Ferney: Echo parakeet, Mauritian endangered bird finds new home Apr 15, 2016
- New grant to support efforts to prevent and treat malaria in Guinea-Bissau Apr 11, 2016
- Ebola response: Governance issues in the spotlight Apr 8, 2016
Additional EUR 59 million boost fight against malaria in Chad
Mar 10, 2016
A new funding agreement, totaling EUR 59 million, has been signed between UNDP and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). With a focus on young children, pregnant women, nomads and refugees, the grant will roll out community healthcare sites in Chad and intensify efforts to prevent and treat malaria, the leading cause of illness and death in the country.
- UNDP Africa Director To Attend a Summit on Regional Border Management Mar 9, 2016
Togo and UNDP join forces to launch development assistance program
Feb 23, 2016
Helen Clark, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the President of Togo, Faure Gnassingbé, welcomed the creation of the Community Development Emergency Programme (PUDC) by Togo and exchanged documents to formalize the launch of this initiative.
Central African Republic: peaceful ballots for the 2nd round of presidential elections and the first round of legislative elections
Feb 14, 2016
Following a first round of voting on 30 December for the presidential elections, without any major incident and with a participation rate of around 80 per cent, almost two million Central Africans went to the polls again on Sunday, 14 February 2016 for the second round
- EU partners with UNDP to strengthen electoral processes in Kenya Feb 11, 2016