Niamey, 11 July 2019 -The Lake Chad Basin Governors’ Forum for Regional Cooperation on Stabilization, Peacebuilding and Sustainable Development will hold its second gathering in Niamey, Niger, from 16 to 18 July 2019 under the aegis of the Government of Niger and the eight governors of the most Boko Haram affected areas in the Lake Chad Basin region. The 2019 Forum will reflect on the progress and challenges since the inaugural Governors’ Forum in May 2018 in Maiduguri, Nigeria and identify key local and regional priorities for the governors in 2019/2020.
One of the high points of the 2019 Forum will be the official launch of the United Nations Development Programme’s Regional Stabilization Facility, aiming at funding the technical support for the implementation of the RSS.
Hosted by the Government of Niger, the Governors’ Forum is organized by the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC), with technical support from the African Union, UNDP, and Crisis Management Initiative, and financial support from the German Foreign Office.
- H.E. Mr. Brigi Rafini, Prime Minister of the Republic of Niger
- H.E Amb. Mamman Nuhu, Executive Secretary of Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) & Head of Mission, Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF)
- H.E. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for West Africa and the Sahel
- H.E. François Lourceny Fall, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Central Africa
- Ms. Ahunna Eziakonwa, Regional Director for Africa, UNDP
- H.E. Mr. Midjiyawa Bakari, Governor of the Far North Region, Cameroon
- H.E. Mr. Abate Edi, Jean Governor of the North Region, Cameroon
- H.E. Mr. Mohamed Mouddour, Governor of Diffa Region, Niger
- H.E. Mr. Issa Moussa, Governor of Zinder Region, Niger
- H.E. Mr. Issaka Hassane Karanta, Governor of Niamey Region, Niger
- H.E. Mr. Crowther Seth, Deputy Executive Governor of Adamawa State, Nigeria
- H.E. Mr. Babagana Umura Zulum, Executive Governor of Borno State, Nigeria
- H.E. Alhaji Mai Mala Buni, Executive Governor of Yobe State Nigeria
- H.E. Mr. Ali Haroun, Governor of Hadjer Lamis Region, Chad
- H.E. Mr. Adam Nouky Charfadine, Governor of the Lake Region, Chad
Date: Tuesday 16 July to Thursday 18 July 2019
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel
The Opening Ceremony will begin on Wednesday 17 July at 9am local time (GMT+1).
A press briefing will be held at the Radisson Blu Hotel on Tuesday 16 July at 3pm local time (TBC) (GMT+1).
The closing press conference will take place on Thursday 18 July at 4:30pm local time (GMT+1).
Follow us on Twitter: #LCBGF2019#, GovernorsForum2019
@LCBC_CBLT, @PresidenceNiger, @UNDPAfrica, @UNDP, @PNUDNiger, @AfricanUnion, @GermanyDiplo, @cmioffice
Lake Chad Basin Commission: Ibbo Daddy, +227 96 40 22 00
Organizing Committee: Amadou Djibo, +227 20 73 47 00; Abdramane Ben Hamey,+ 227 91 97 97 15
UNDP (Cameroon): Joseph Fajong, + 227 81 06 78 27
UNDP (Niger): Lamine Bal +227 90 35 43 25
UNDP (Nigeria): Lucky Musonda,+ 234 817 346 6677
UNDP (Chad): Etienne Darveau, + 235 60 83 25 46